Polk State College
AVIATION MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATION, AS
Polk State’s AS in Aviation Maintenance Administration enables an aviation maintenance technician (AMT) to build upon the certification that they receive at NAA by adding academic skills to enhance communication and management abilities.
This Associate of Science degree requires a total of 60 credits. The program consists of 18 credits of General Education courses and an aviation core of 12 credits. A total of 30 credits are articulated into the program upon successful completion of NAA’s either Aviation Maintenance Technician or Aviation Maintenance Professional program.
General Education Requirements (18-19 Credits Required)
• Communications (3 Credits) – College Composition I
• Mathematics (3 Credits) – College Algebra or Topics in Mathematics
• Humanities (3 Credits) -Introduction to Humanities or Ethics
• Social Sciences (3 Credits) – General Psychology
• Natural Sciences (3 Credits) – Fundamentals of Physics
• Health and Wellness (3 Credits) – Wellness Concepts or Wellness: Nutrition, Personal Growth, and Fitness
Program Core Requirements (12 Credits Required)
• Aviation Management (3 Credits)
• Aviation Maintenance Management (3 Credits)
• Aviation Meteorology and Automation Management (3 Credits)
• Safety Management Systems and Operational Risk Management (3 Credits)
Articulated Credit (30 Credits)
• As an FAA 14 CFR Part 147 aviation maintenance training program, completion of NAA’s 14-month Aviation Maintenance Training course satisfies the maintenance component of the AS degree.
• To be eligible for credit articulation, students must: complete the FAA 14 CFR Part 147 aviation maintenance training program, hold FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certifications, and have been issued FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificates not more than three years before the date of enrollment in the program.
Total Program Credits 60-61