NAA Alumni Reach for the Stars with SpaceX Offers
Graduation is a special time for each student at National Aviation Academy as a pivotal step in a journey into the workforce. Speaking of journeys, aviation employment no longer extends to just the stratosphere, either! For example, three students who recently graduated in May of 2021 from our Tampa Bay campus are headed to SpaceX.
These three students will be Launch Integration Technicians with the Elon Musk-founded company. Each secured a role at SpaceX locations in California, Texas, and Florida!
As part of their employment at SpaceX, the Launch Integration Technician position is vital in assisting with launch site assembly and test of the Falcon 9 launch vehicle. Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Stage, set up, assemble, flight hardware, and test equipment per technical work instructions and ensure the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of a world-class launch vehicle.
- Hands-on operations with both large and small, fragile ESD-sensitive assemblies.
- Proficiently use various mechanical tools and heavy machinery.
- Complete tasks related to site preventative maintenance in accordance with the asset management system.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and install fluid and electromechanical components from a schematic or drawing.
This type of role is perfect for the alumni who have earned their Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certifications! Additionally, all but one of the alumni graduated from our Aviation Maintenance Professional program, which focuses on the electronic/avionics side of aviation!
SpaceX and Beyond
SpaceX was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk with the goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars. SpaceX manufactures the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch vehicles, several rocket engines, Dragon cargo, crew spacecraft, and Starlink communications satellites.
Recently, SpaceX became the first private company to send astronauts to orbit and to the International Space Station!
We are thrilled to see the hard work and dedication pay off for these alumni, and wish them the best of luck in the future!
If you would like to learn more about the possibilities of your next potential career path, please fill out the form below!
The Demand is real...
Ready to start your career as an aviation maintenance professional? Fill out the form below for more information!