NATIONAL AVIATION ACADEMY’S CHARLES E. TAYLOR SCHOLARSHIP
National Aviation Academy’s Charles E. Taylor Scholarship, named for the first aviation mechanic, has been established to recognize and encourage students who wish to pursue careers in aviation maintenance, as well as promote the future of aviation and, more specifically, highly-trained airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanics. The scholar-ship is intended to nurture young talent and invest in the success of local, public high school students and GED recipients. Up to twenty $1,000 scholarships (ten per campus) will be awarded to be used towards tuition at National Aviation Academy (NAA). Scholar-ships will be awarded and announced after each deadline.
- Opportunity to receive a $1,000 scholarship to be applied directly to tuition at NAA
- Ability to harness your hands-on talent by beginning your training as an A&P mechanic
- Access to high-earning, rewarding careers in the global aviation industry, and beyond, upon graduation from NAA
- Must have earned your high school diploma or GED in the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 to apply.
- Must reside in, or have graduated from, a high school in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, Hernando, Manatee in FL, or Middlesex, Worcester, Essex, or Bristol County in MA.
- Must have an overall 2.5 grade point average (GPA) or GED test score of 660 or greater.
- Early graduates may submit their scholarship applications by
January 1, 2021 if intending to apply for a spring class start. All applications must be recieved by June 1, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the online application and include a 300-500 word essay addressing the following topic: Why are hands-on/technical skills important to help solve the problems we face today or to drive innovation in the future?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Winners will be selected by a committee who will review eligibility criteria. Scholarships will be awarded based on merit (including, but not limited to GPA) and quality of essay response.
Scholarships are valid for current high school seniors who meet all eligibility requirements and shall be applied to NAA tuition only. Scholarships do not cover any other fees, are non-transferable and cannot be turned in for cash in lieu of tuition. Scholarship winners must satisfy all admissions requirements and the award is contingent upon completing the entirety of NAA’s 14 or 21-month program according to the terms of enrollment. Scholarship funds will be applied once student has met all graduation requirements; students who withdraw from the program will not receive any portion of the scholarship.
Application submission grants permission to NAA, affiliates, representatives, licensees, marketers, any other parties or publishers of its promotional materials and their successors and assigns to take, use and publish photographs, and videos/digital images of or from you for use in news releases, educational materials and/or promotional and marketing materials. These materials might include printed or electronic publications, websites or other electronic communications. You further agree that my name may be revealed in descriptive text or commentary with or without image(s). You authorize the use of these without compensation.
Scholarship winners will be notified by January 15, 2021 and June 15, 2021.