Middlesex Community College
AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY – ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE, LIBERAL STUDIES
The Liberal Studies Aeronautical Maintenance Technology program prepares students for employment with major and commuter airlines, airplane and helicopter engine manufacturers and many other aviation related companies. Training provides the background for advancement to supervisory and managerial positions in these industries. The hands-on aircraft maintenance instruction and training at NAA’s New England campus, is the first component of the program. Students complete the requirements for the Associate in Science degree at Middlesex Community College (MCC).
The general education and business courses strengthen communication and management competency. MCC associate degree credits for the aviation maintenance courses are awarded on receipt of an official transcript from NAA New England. Students may begin their MCC course work at any time.
General Education Requirements (30-31 Credits Required)
- Introduction to Business (3 Credits)
- Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- Microcomputer Applications (3 Credits)
- English Composition I (3 Credits)
- English Composition II (3 Credits)
- Algebra II OR Math Connections (3 Credits)
- Behavioral Science Elective (3 Credits)
- Humanities Elective (3 Credits)
- Science Elective (3 or 4 Credits)
- Social Science Elective (3 Credits)
Articulated Credit (30 Credits)
- As an FAA 14 CFR Part 147 aviation maintenance training program, completion of NAA’s 14-month Aviation Maintenance Training course satisfies the maintenance component of the AS degree.
- This program has met all the standards established by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for Aviation Maintenance Technician Schools under the FAA Certificate Number EC6T068K.
Total Program Credits 60-61