APPLYING FOR AID
It is critical to start the financial aid process shortly after you’ve been accepted to National Aviation Academy. NAA has limited enrollment opportunities and classes are filled by those students who have already been accepted and have completed their financial aid paperwork. Below is the process and guidelines to complete to secure your spot:
Financial Aid Application Process
- Student is accepted to NAA
- Student applies for an electronic pin number ( www.pin.ed.gov )
- Student completes Master Promissory Note (MPN). (www.studentloans.gov )
- Student completes the *Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Student completes all NAA Student Finance Forms
- Student completes verification process if notified he/she has been selected
- Student submits copies of their driver’s license and Social Security card
- Student completes and submits *First-time Borrower Requirements (if applicable)
- Student researches scholarship opportunities
Completing the FAFSA
The financial aid process begins with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is the application NAA uses to determine eligibility for federal, state, and institutional awards such as loans and grants. The best way to fill out the FAFSA is online, at FAFSA on the Web. To learn more about the FAFSA click here.
*FIRST-TIME BORROWER REQUIREMENTS
Master Promissory Notes (MPN) for Direct Loans
Students and parents borrowing for the first time are required through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). As a borrower continues to borrow money with Direct Loans over additional years, they will do so under this promissory note. The Department of Education allows applicants to sign their MPN online.
You will need your United States Department of Education PIN number to complete the MPN. If you do not have your PIN, please visit the official Federal Student Aid PIN website, Please note, student and parent borrowers have separate and different PINs.
Gather the following information:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your driver’s license number
- Names, addresses and phone numbers for two references
Go to the Electronic MPN Web site to complete your eMPN.
If a student is borrowing for the first time, they are required to complete the entrance counseling requirement. Federal Direct Stafford Loan program regulations mandates all first time borrowers to complete a loan counseling session. A parent borrower under the Direct PLUS loan program is not required to complete entrance loan counseling.