Re-Opening Guidance & Protocols
AVIATION MAINTENANCE TRAINING SCHOOL
Tampa Bay Campus Re-Opening Information
Guidance and Protocols
- When you arrive for class on Monday 5/18, we ask that you park in the back lot as usual. Please line up along the building on both the right and left sides of the entrance door. It’s important to stay 6 feet apart. You can use the length of the parking spaces as a guide. There will be staff outside that will ask you a few questions and take your temperature. If you are running a fever of 100.4 or greater, you will not be allowed to enter. You will be given written instructions if this is the case, which you will need to follow.
- PPE will be provided to you. There will be a red gift bag given to you with three washable masks and safety glasses. There are glasses that can fit over regular glasses, simply ask for them. There will also be disposable gloves available in every classroom if desired.
- You will be required to wear the masks while in the building. If there is a reason that you cannot wear the masks or glasses please see the DOE and he will bring you to our Compliance Officer. You will be required to wear gloves when working on shared equipment.
- Classes will be broken apart into two groups. It is likely that all classrooms, lab rooms, and conference rooms will be used to teach classes in order to everyone 6 feet apart and ensure physical distancing. All extra chairs have been removed from the classrooms and chairs placed where students need to sit.
- Because we are using all classrooms and lab rooms, there will be no make-up class available except on Saturdays.
- We are asking students to eat in their cars or outside as there will be very limited seating in the student breakroom area. No eating in the classrooms as we will be cleaning and disinfecting during this time.
- All microwaves and water machines have been disabled throughout the building for safety reasons.
- The refrigerators and vending machines will still be available but please sanitize your hands after use with the sanitizer in the breakroom or wash your hands.
- Avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands or hugs, large gatherings, and close quarters.
- If you are around other people, keep 6 feet between you when possible.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Adhere to public health hygienic recommendations by washing your hands often, including after touching commonly used items or coming into contact with someone who is sick.
- Proper hand washing involves scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. There will also be alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough, sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- It is imperative that you stay home if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath until you are symptom-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing drugs.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The NAA campus will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- We have additional staff that will be working in the facilities department to sanitize the building. We have commercial sprayers with disinfectant, handheld sprayers, and wipes. The cleaning procedures include cleaning classroom tables during breaks, spraying all surface areas in all the restrooms including walls and door handles, all break areas, cleaning throughout the entire day (both shifts).
- There is hand sanitizer in every classroom on the walls and we will be placing signage over them to make them more obvious and providing more of them throughout the building.
- We have purchased cases of sanitizer, disinfectant, and various cleaning materials.