The Career Services Department will assist students in finding and providing leads for job opportunities. Students are fully responsible in applying themselves to earn the job they desire.
- Career Fairs – Three times per year (January, May, Sept/Oct.) Career Services will host a Career Fair with the sole purpose of bringing students together with industry hiring personnel. Students in graduating terms shall be given first opportunity to attend the Career Fair followed by the the rest of the terms; all students will have the opportunity to meet with perspective employers. All students in terms 4.2 and above will be provided an adequate number copies of their resume for each company present (previous request to Career Services required). Students are expected to be professional and fully prepared when recruiters are onsite.
- On-Site Recruiter Visits – At times employers visit the school with the intent to educate the student body about their respective companies without the opportunity for the student to interview with them at that time. Students are expected to be professional and respectful to the presenter.
- On-Site Interviews – At times employers visit the school with the intent to conduct interviews with interested candidates. All resumes requested for inclusion will be submitted to the employer. The selection of interview candidates will be at the sole discretion of the employer. Career Services does not make the final interview list. Students are expected to be professional and fully prepared when recruiters are onsite.
- Class Graduate Mailer: A pamphlet will be created for each graduating class containing a synopsis of each student’s experience and contact information. These pamphlets will be emailed and/or mailed to selected businesses contacts in the industry in an attempt to generate job leads for the graduates.
- Job Lead Program: A job board will be maintained as a method of identifying leads. Postings will contain information such as: company, contact, date, position available, and date of dissemination. Announcements will be posted there along with the Student Newsletter and Career Information.