All international students interested in attending National Aviation Academy must have an M-1 visa and a passport valid for at least six months after their entrance to the United States. This can be a lengthy process, so we encourage you to get started right away.

To apply for this visa, be sure to check the application requirements and procedures on the U.S. Department of State website or at the following link:

Here are the basic documents you need:

  • Passport
  • Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20), issued by National Aviation Academy
  • Proof of adequate financial support for your studies and living expenses
  • International students who apply for an M-1 student visa using an initial attendance Form I-20 will need to complete form I-901 and pay a SEVIS (Student Exchange Visitor Information System) fee to the Department of Homeland Security prior to the student visa interview. The SEVIS fee is in addition to the Department of State’s visa application fee. For additional information, visit the following link

Students coming directly from another country on a student visa (M-1) are limited to entering the United States no earlier than 30 days before their I-20 start date. When you arrive at NAA, you will be required to show your passport, visa and other travel documents. The name on the passport you use to enter the United States must match the name given on the application for admission. Remember that the International Admissions office is here to assist you.


The M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training.

To apply for this visa, you must:

  • Decide which NAA campus you plan to attend
  • Check with the consulate regarding their visa application procedures
  • Present to the U.S. consul a Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from the campus you wish to attend
  • Provide documentation that you have sufficient financial resources
  • Present your letter of admission
  • Show proof of payment of the SEVIS fee
  • It may also be helpful to present a copy of your TOEFL score report, proof of professional and/or economic ties that would compel you to return to your home country and any forms or materials that document previous studies in the United States or another country.
  • International students are NOT permitted to work off campus under M-1 VISA status.


Students already in the United States on F-1 visas wishing to transfer to National Aviation Academy need to contact the Global Admissions department for information on how to change status from F-1 visa to M-1 visa.

Always discuss your plans with the Global Admissions office before taking any such action.