How does NAA define an international student?

Any student who is not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, or a refugee is considered an international student. International students usually need an M-1, F1 or J1 visa to study in the United States.

 As an international student how do I apply for a student visa? 

You must apply for a student visa at a U.S Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Because applying for a visa can take quite a bit of time (often a month or more), depending on the country, you should submit the application and required documents as soon as possible.

 Does National Aviation Academy offer conditional admission? 

Yes, National Aviation Academy offers conditional admission for students who meet our academic requirements but are not yet ready to show financial support.

 Can I defer my admission? 

NAA admits students for a specific class start. If you wish to enroll for a class later than that for which you are admitted, you must submit a new enrollment agreement and pay a re-enrollment fee of $250.

 Am I eligible for Financial Aid? 

State and federal aid programs are not available to international students.  

Is the TOEFL required and how long is a TOEFL score valid? 


It is required for applicants for whom English is not their native language. The TOEFL score is valid for two years.

 Do I have to attend the Student Orientation? 

The Student Orientation is a requirement for all new students.

Can I study part time?

No, international students cannot study part time. U.S. immigration law requires that all international students on M-1 student visas maintain full-time enrollment.

 Can international students work on campus? 

No, on-campus employment is not allowed for M-1 international students.

 What kind of employment opportunities do I have off-campus? 

U.S. Federal regulations do not allow international students to work off-campus.

 Do I need health insurance? 

Health insurance in the United States is not provided by the national government. In order to receive non-emergency treatment in most hospitals and clinics, students must have private health insurance. National Aviation Academy offers, through a third party company, information regarding coverage for students who do not have a policy.

 Ho w can my school forward a copy of my upper secondary school diploma to NAA?      

Your transcript request should be made with your high school and they should mail us an official sealed transcript record to us.

  What services does the US government offer to International students?  

Check with the Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs for services available for International students.