The Student Council will foster communication and comradeship among all members of the student body by providing information and support to fellow students.
National Aviation Academy’s Student Council is the voice of the student body, representing it in such a way that is professional in both appearance and behavior. The purpose is to unite the students with the school staff to achieve the goal of being the best aviation school in the nation. We will lead by example and bring concerns and suggestions from the student body to the school staff. We will support the staff and the decisions made to gain the education needed for a successful aviation maintenance career.
- Leadership: To guide, mentor and provide a voice for the student body.
- Unity: To be united as one body and represent the students and their concerns.
- Integrity: To do the right thing regardless of whom is around.
- Excellence: In all we do.
- Community: To be an active part of the local community and charity.
- Teamwork: To work together with the staff to promote professionalism.
Membership is open to all active, enrolled students at NAA. Active enrollment is defined as students currently attending class. The Student Council will consist of one student representative from each active class as voted on by the students. Students are encouraged to discuss issues with classmates and introduce agenda items for upcoming meetings. Besides the class representative there is an Executive Council, which consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and a Lead Representative.
Employers who visit NAA talk about the importance of Student Council. Typically students who join the council are viewed as desired candidates for employers.