NAA—Tampa Bay hosted a graduation ceremony for Classes 3/16 AMT and 11/16 AMP on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at the Central Park Performing Arts Center in Largo, FL. Family and friends gathered to celebrate with students who successfully completed NAA’s Aviation Maintenance Technician and Advanced Aircraft Systems programs.
Graduates from these classes have already secured employment with industry leaders such as Columbia Helicopters, Gulfstream Aerospace, Marine Concepts and Stambaugh Aviation.
Students who exhibited outstanding achievement received specialized awards. Joshua Pedrianes was awarded Top Tech-AMT and Tyler Whitmore was named Top Tech-AMP. Congratulations, graduates, and best of luck in your new careers!
Textron is one of the world’s best known multi-industry companies, recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Jacobsen and many more. The company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative products and services. Textron is a $13.8 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented professionals worldwide.*
Students from NAA’s Tampa Bay campus visited Textron’s service location operating in Tampa, FL on Friday, June 16, 2017. A tour of the facilities was offered and students were able to ask questions about the day to day operations. It was an informative session for all who attended, imparting that with rich experience, skill, talent and perspective, the goals of maintenance professionals can be achieved. For more information about Textron careers, see NAA’s career services department.
*Information sourced from textron.com
NAA—Tampa Bay’s Student Council held a meeting on Thursday, June 15, 2017. Students and staff collaborated on follow-up items and new business. Here are the highlights:
• Questions were fielded about the use of the G.I. Bill at NAA
• Students were informed that NAA will be closed July 3-4, 2017 in observation of Independence Day
• New equipment and more instructors will be taken on to meet the needs of increasing enrollment
• AMT1 bread boards, AMT2 safety wire pliers and AMT5 scissors for composite repair are all being replaced
• Kona Ice will be making Summer stops at NAA for student breaks. Ice treats will be available for purchase at the outdoor break area on Mondays and Wednesdays at the 2 PM break and on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the 6 PM break
The next NAA-Tampa Bay Student Council meeting will be held on Thursday, July 13, 2017.